ITIL 4 Foundation enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
Apply or ask a question!
If you want to apply for the course or ask a question about it, feel free to use this form.
Our ITIL 4 Foundation classroom course uses group discussions, case-study-based activities, and real-world examples to bring the material to life, and enable you to acquire the knowledge and skills you need to successfully pass the ITIL 4 Foundation certification. As a result, you will become a more confident, more effective member of your team, delivering better customer experiences throughout your organisation.
ITIL 4 Foundation is suitable for individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization. The certification also applies to IT professionals who work within an organization that has adopted ITIL and so need to be aware of and contribute to the overall service improvement programme.
At Course Completion
- Understand the key concepts of ITIL service management
- Understand how ITIL guiding principles can help organizations to adopt and adapt ITIL service management
- Understand the four dimensions of ITIL service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system, and the activities of the service value chain, and how they connect
- Understand the key concepts of continual improvement
There are no formal pre-requisites for attending this course.
Peoplecert accredited training materials
Overview of ITIL
- Introduction to ITIL 4 and service management
- Structure of ITIL 4 and benefits of ITIL 4
- ITIL 4 Foundation exam
- Learning objectives for the course
- Key definitions
- Value – the value chain and co-creation
- Value, service, products and resources
- Service relationships
- Value, outcomes, costs and risks
ITIL guiding principles
- Understand and recall the seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- How to apply the seven guiding principles
- Be able to recall the key ITIL definitions
The four dimensions of Service Management
- Describe the four dimensions of IT service management
- Explain how each dimension relates to the Service Value System
- Explain how “external factors” can influence the four dimensions
Service value systems
- Understand and explain the Service Value System
- Describe the Service Value Chain and its activities
- Recall the key ITIL definitions
- Recall the purpose of 18 (examined) ITIL practices
- Recall definitions of key terms related to the ITIL practices, including: availability, IT asset, event, configuration item, change, incident, problem, and known error
- Explain the following practices in detail, including how they fit within the service value chain:
- Continual Improvement
- Change Control
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Request Management
- Service Desk
- Service Level Management
If you want to get more information about this course, contact us by phone +371 67505091 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.