Security Fundamentals with CompTIA® (Security+)
The CompTIA Security+ course is designed to help you prepare for the SY0-601 exam. Students will implement and monitor security on networks, applications, and operating systems, and respond to security breaches.
In this course, you will build on your knowledge and professional experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and networks as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
Apply or ask a question!
If you want to apply for the course or ask a question about it, feel free to use this form.
The Security+ course goals are to:
- Equip you with the essential knowledge and skills to perform core security functions and pursue a career in cybersecurity.
- Validate your ability to assess, monitor and secure various environments, including cloud, mobile and IoT, using the latest tools and techniques.
- Prepare you for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam, which is a globally recognized credential for network professionals
This course is targeted toward an Information Technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based TCP/IP networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as OS X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Examine network security.
- Manage application, data and host security.
- Identify access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Manage security incidents.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Basic Windows skills and fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required.
The student training materials includes access to CompTIA Security+ CertMaster training environment
This course helps you prepare for the CompTIA SY0-601 exam. Voucher for the certification exam is included in price of the course.
1 – THREATS, ATTACKS, AND VULNERABILITIES
- Compare and contrast different types of social engineering techniques.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators to determine the type of attack.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with application attacks.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with network attacks.
- Explain different threat actors, vectors, and intelligence sources.
- Explain the security concerns associated with various types of vulnerabilities.
- Summarize the techniques used in security assessments.
- Explain the techniques used in penetration testing.
2 – ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
- Explain the importance of security concepts in an enterprise environment.
- Summarize virtualization and cloud computing concepts.
- Summarize secure application development,deployment, and automation concepts.
- Summarize authentication and authorization design concepts.
- Given a scenario, implement cybersecurity resilience.
- Explain the security implications of embedded and specialized systems.
- Explain the importance of physical security controls.
- Summarize the basics of cryptographic concepts.
3 – IMPLEMENTATION
- Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
- Given a scenario, implement host or application security solutions.
- Given a scenario, implement secure network designs.
- Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
- Given a scenario, implement secure mobile solutions.
- Given a scenario, apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud.
- Given a scenario, implement identity and account management controls.
- Given a scenario, implement authentication and authorization solutions.
- Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
4 – OPERATIONS AND INCIDENT RESPONSE
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security.
- Summarize the importance of policies, processes,and procedures for incident response.
- Given an incident, utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation.
- Given an incident, apply mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment.
- Explain the key aspects of digital forensics.
5 – GOVERNANCE, RISK, AND COMPLIANCE
- Compare and contrast various types of controls.
- Explain the importance of applicable regulations, standards, or frameworks that impact organizational security posture.
- Explain the importance of policies to organizational security.
- Summarize risk management processes and concepts.
- Explain privacy and sensitive data concepts in relation to security.
If you want to get more information about this course, contact us by phone +371 67505091 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.