Personal Data Protection for Small Business
This course provides practical skills and an understanding of the application of personal data protection requirements, which are necessary to ensure the company’s compliance with personal data protection law.
The length of the course is 32 academic hours (16 academic hours of face-to-face or online learning and 16 academic hours of learning material in the e-environment).
The aim of the course is to develop in-depth understanding and practical skills about:
- Application of data protection requirements of physical persons;
- dData protection for the continuous operation of the company’s computer systems.
Employees of micro and small companies, individual traders who are engaged in maintaining security processes in the company.
At Course Completion
At course completion you will be able:
- Understand data security requirements;
- Implement data security measures in the company in such a way as to ensure compliance with the personal data protection law.
Basic knowledge in using Internet browsers, and computer skills.
BDA developed training materials describing the theory and practical tasks in Latvian.
- Basic principles of ICT security;
- Implementation of personal data protection law norms in the company;
- Principles of personal data processing in accordance with the personal data protection law;
- Recommendations for personal data processing developed by the Data State Inspection;
- Procedure for the development of personal data processing compliance assessment;
- The order in which compliance of IT systems with minimum requirements for personal data protection is ensured;
- Security of personal data on the Internet.
If you want to get more information about this course, contact us by phone +371 67505091 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.