Automating Excel with VBA Programming (Macros)
We probably use and know well the options and methods provided by classic MS Excel for processing, transforming and displaying various data. Indeed, the visual interface of MS Excel and the possibilities provided by it are the basis for the widest use of MS Excel in the most diverse spheres of life and work.
However, it should also be recognized that performing many operations takes a significant amount of time, with repeated/multiple operations in workbooks, these operations become tiring and tedious for the user in pages.
The good news is that MS Excel has a built-in programming language (VBA) and a tool to use it! And with them we can perform even unimaginable actions and transformations, all kinds of automation, even dialogue with the computer, and all this at tremendous speed!
The purpose of this course is to train students to use the Visual Basic (VB) editor and program Excel workbooks using the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language. The course will help students gain the knowledge and skills to automate and improve work with Excel workbooks using VBA.
The course is intended for people who desire to learn independently and are motivated to improve their work, a logical approach, and imagination.
At Course Completion
Course attendants will learn essential programming skills. They will learn the skills of how to use VBA code. Will use acquired skills in planning and solving various tasks. VBA will be a great helper and solution to automate routine tasks and increase efficiency in working with data.
Proficient or expert-level knowledge of MS Excel.
Each student receives course materials in Latvian developed by BDA.
- Opening and using the Visual Basic (VB) editor in MS Excel.
- Key terms and syntax in the Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language.
- Main objects and their properties – workbooks, sheets, ranges, cells.
- Variables and their use in Excel VBA.
- Excel VBA cycles.
- Use of conditions – if, and, or, select case.
- Using Excel VBA functions.
- Excel VBA event management.
- Using controls in Excel automation.
- Debugging created VBA codes.
- Basic principles of using forms in Excel VBA.
If you want to get more information about this course, contact us by phone +371 67505091 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.